Google
 

Welcome!


Powered by IP2Location.com
Remember . . . When you visit this BLOG and you see a photo you like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.
A Slideshow of our Birds in Brasil

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Herons, Herons, Herons!

I had a surprise the other day. I saw the Heron from a long way off and came to take some photos of her. To my surprise there was the Blue Heron that usually fishes at night with her.





The White Heron walked a short way off and turned to look straight at me. She was probably thinking, "Oh there is that guy with the camera again! I must look my best for him."





The smaller Blue Heron watched me closely.





She also turned to look right at me. I think she was trying to say, "I am beautiful too! Take my photo!"





Here is a unique photo of both Herons up close, together.





I was amazed at how close I was able to get to take these photos without a telephoto lens.





As I walked around she just stayed there and watched me.





Suddenly there was a flurry of wings as another Blue Heron joined us.





Notice the difference in build of the two Blue Herons. This one has a long neck.





This one has a short neck and a stocky build. Are they related?





She also turned to look right at me as I took her photo.




Remember this sign, in a previous post?




Well these five boys can't read I guess. They were fishing for quite a while. Look at the Heron watching them in the background on the right side of this photo.


These Herons are always a delight to watch.




Photos by Urso Branco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support a living planet - Join WWF